Easy Beet & Goat Cheese Salad for a Dinner Party
An easy roastedbeet and goat cheese saladrecipe that’s perfect for a dinner party. Try this starter course for awinter dinner partyand enjoy the combination of flavors and textures in this simple salad.
Easy Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
I love serving salad as a first course of a meal. I love the freshness of ingredients, the combination of flavors & textures, and the ease in which they are prepared. When hosting and creatingdinner party menusI think it’s a solid go-to course to round out the meal.
I made thisbeet & goat cheese saladfor aGreek themed dinner party, and it’s a great mix between the creaminess of the cheese, the crunchiness of the nuts, and the burst of flavor from the beets. Toss it with a light vinaigrette and it’s a fantastic starter to any sit down dinner.
What you’ll love about this recipe
You’ll love the earthy flavors in this recipe. The sweetness of the beets is balance by the tang of creamy goat cheese.
- The ingredients in this green salad are classic, simple, and delicious.
- 但是你可以certa烤甜菜是我们的偏好inly substitute canned beets in a pinch.
- Walnuts add crunch – one of our favorite salad elements!
- This is an inexpensive salad to serve at a dinner party.
- Prep the beets ahead to save time later.
How to Make a Simple Green Salad
如果you’re a beginner cook or hostess, this is the salad recipe for you.
- Prep– Preheat the oven, and wash, peel and cut the beets into 1/2″ cubes.
- Bake– Lay beets out on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and bake until soft when punctured. Allow to cool.
- Layer– Layer greens on a serving platter or bowl, spreading evenly. Add cooled beets, goat cheese, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve– Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Best Tips for Beet Salad
- Start with a bag of Spring Mix salad greens. They’re ready to plate and serve!
- Use sliced beets from a can if you’re short on time. This is a big time saver and they taste good! Cut them into strips or bite-size pieces to make them easy to eat.
- Buy a small log of goat cheese and cut into crumbles.
- You can use whole or chopped walnuts and slightly toast them. Just cook in the oven at 375 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. This really brings out the flavor and aroma.
- The biggest tip for making this salad easy is to use ready-made dressing. Simple vinaigrettes taste great and there are a variety of flavors to choose from.
PARTY TIP:如果you want a party shortcut simply use bottled dressing; pour it into a pretty serving cruet for the table.
What goes well with beets in salad?
When pairing anything with sweet earthy beets, you want something that will balance out those features. Feta cheese, avocado, shredded chicken, candied walnuts, pears, quinoa, and even other root veggies like carrots.
Do you need to peel beets before cooking?
Technically, you don’t have to. Once cooked the peel comes off quite easily, but you can eat the skin as long as it’s scrubbed clean. For this recipe, and for the sake of convenience, we’re peeling it from the start.
Easy salads for a dinner party
Here are more of our favorite green salads to serve guests. They taste great and make a pretty presentation too.
- Green salad with oranges
- Spinach and arugula salad with tomatoes
- Butternut Squash & baby kale salad
- Roasted grape salad
- Fig Salad recipe
- Spinach & Orzo salad recipe
What are some of your favorite salad ingredients, and do you always serve a salad for entertaining? Would love to hear from you! Have a great day.
如果you like this post,PIN,Share, orsign up for our Newsletterat the top of the page. And don’t forget to follow CAH onInstagramorFacebook. Cheers!
Easy Beet & Goat Cheese Salad recipe
An easy salad for the beginner hostess. This beet and goat cheese salad uses fresh roasted beets plus prepared grocery items for a quick and simple recipe.
- Packaged salad greens
- 2-3 beets
- 3 oz. log Goat Cheese
- Chopped Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel beets and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the beets on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake beets for 20-30 minutes, until soft when you puncture with a fork.
- Layer greens on a serving platter or bowl. Add cooled beets, goat cheese, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- To make dressing, whisk vinegar and mustard together while slowly pouring in olive oil. OR put everything into a lidded jar and shake vigorously until combined.
Use bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing as a shortcut.