Thisapple-berry galetterecipe looks pretty enough for entertaining, and won’t leave you feeling guilty after eating eat! It starts with fresh berries, refrigerated pie dough, and a lighter sugar option. You’re gonna love it!
Easy Dessert for Entertaining
A galette makes a beautiful rustic presentation. It can beserved with brunch too!
因为我总是试图平衡干净吃with party food, I made this apple-berry galette using Truvia® natural sweetener instead of regular sugar. This lightens the calorie load in an instant!
It’s also full of fruit and uses 1 pie dough roll instead of two, so that’s another calorie saver!
How to Make a Galette
The recipe is adapted from the Truvia® brand site but I made a couple of alterations due to our specific tastes.
- Use refrigerator pie dough for an easy start to this recipe.
- Follow the directions on the package for proper handling of the pie dough. You want it to be soft enough to work with and fold; you don’t want it to break when you fold the edges.
- Substitute blackberries for any of the other berries if you like.
- Use real sugar in place of the Truvia.
- Keep an eye on the crust while you’re baking. All ovens are different and you don’t want the edges to burn. Cover with aluminum foil if they start to get too dark.
RELATED:For another amazing dessert recipe check out myrustic apple galette with caramel drizzle. It’s so good!
Add this rustic apple berry galette to your list of easy dessert recipes.
- 3 cups apples, peeled
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup Truvía® natural sweetener baking blend
- 1 refrigerator pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Thinly slice apples and place in medium size bowl. Combine with lemon zest and juice; set aside.
- 在大的碗里,把草莓,blueberries, raspberries, salt, cinnamon, cornstarch and Truvía® natural sweetener.
- Gently combine apple and berry mixtures.
- Place pie dough on lightly floured surface and roll out. Transfer to parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Place fruit mixture into center of pie dough leaving 1 1/2 -inch border around edge of crust.
- Fold up crust edge towards middle, pleating as you go around.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes; rotate half way after15 minutesand continue baking.
- Cool on wire rack; serve warm or at room temperature.
Use real sugar in place of the Truvia is you like.