Thismarinated green bean saladis a light and delicious side dish that you make-ahead. Serve this healthy vegetable side dish for holidays or potluck parties. It’s a terrific addition to any of yousummer entertaining ideastoo!
These marinated green beans are full of flavor and look beautiful on the table
When hosting a dinner party or holiday meal for Easter entertaining or aFriendsgiving Thanksgving celebration, it’s a good idea to incorporate something light into the menu. This green bean salad is one of the recipes I reach for time and time again.
First of all it has to be made ahead so it takes all the stress out of last minute preparation. It’s stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve so no last minute cooking or re-heating required. You know how the oven is prime real estate on holidays!
Secondly, these marinated green beans add much needed fiber and nutrients to holiday meals that are usually full of indulgent carbs. Even thought ILIVEfor those indulgences likecreamy mac n’ cheeseandsweet potato casserole! I still like to think I’m getting a balanced diet as well.
Finally, with all the vegans, vegetarians, paleos, and diabetics out there, this is a fantastic side dish to serve for special diets. And there’s no lack of flavor for it. This melange of colorful veggies looks beautiful on the table.
This green bean salad is a fantastic alternative to serve beside heavier items on holiday menus.
你可能看到的生洋葱recipe and think, “I don’t want onion breath.” Don’t worry, the marinating process takes the bite and smell out of the onions. The melange of crisp colorful veggies looks so pretty on the table.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 red pepper, cut julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, cut julienne
- 1/2 onion, cut julienne
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch the green beans by putting them into boiling water for about 3-5 minutes or until bright green and cooked, but still crisp. Remove green beans and pat dry.
- Mix all the vegetables together and lay them in a shallow dish or platter.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and whisk them together until completely mixed.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, cover dish with foil, and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours.