容易marinated shrimp appetizertakes classic shrimp cocktail to the next level! This make-ahead recipe gets its flavor from fresh herbs, honey, hot sauce, and Italian dressing. Keep it cold by serving it in an ice bowl for parties, or in individual cups for dinner parties.
Best Shrimp Appetizer
I’ve been entertaining for years and I’ve accumulated a library of tried and true easyappetizers为cocktail parties, girls night in,game day partiesand more. This marinated shrimp cocktail recipe is one that I reach for again and again.
- When I serve this at parties, it disappears. People love it! The key is that you need tomake it a day ahead为the fullest flavor.
- Making it ahead also means one less thing to do on the day of the party,making entertaining easy.
- You can offer a dish of cocktail sauce on the side if you like, but you really don’t need to. There’s so much flavoryou don’t need dipping sauce.
- This isperfect for small gatherings, or you candouble the recipe for a crowd.
When you serve shrimp in a bowl made of ice your guests will flip for it!
Seehow to make an ice bowlto serve it at a party and garnish with lemon slices. Line the ice bowl with large lettuce leaves as a barrier between the shrimp and the ice. Otherwise the moist shrimp will stick to the frozen ice.
You’ll also need tomake the ice bowl a few days aheadso it has plenty of time to freeze and set.
If you want to serve the marinated shrimp as a starter for adinner party menu, you can usesmall compotes, shot glasses, stemmed margarita glasses, or coupe glasses.
EXPERT TIP:Make this recipe a day ahead so the full flavor can develop. Plus, make-ahead recipes means hosting is easier and more relaxed.
Marinated Shrimp Ingredients
- Cooked shrimp.You can use a 1-pound bag from the freezer section, that’s been cooked, peeled, and de-veined. You typically get about 31 to 35 large shrimp in a pound. Or you can purchase it in the refrigerator section, usually as shrimp cocktail.
- Bottled Italian dressing.Using bottle dressing makes this super simple, especially if you’re hosting and have lots of other things to do. I suggest you use a top level brand with real ingredients on the label.
- Green chilies.You need the smallest can which you typically find in the Mexican food section.
- Fresh green onion.This gives the marinade a fresh flavor boost.
- Honey.Adds a tiny touch of sweetness to balance out the hot sauce.
- Hot Sauce.这道菜,德州皮特是我的首选品牌. The flavor is just so good and complex. It adds a slight zing without adding too much heat to this recipe.
- Fresh cilantro.This adds that undeniable flavor of freshness and flare. Unfortunately some people have an aversion to the flavor. If that’s the case you can substitute with flat leaf parsley.
How to Make It
- Add cooked shrimp to a wide baking dish or large freezer storage zipper bag.
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the shrimp. Toss the shrimp with a large spoon to coat it with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- If using a freezer bag, zip it closed and give it a good massage to evenly coat the shrimp, and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, add shrimp to a serving bowl or ice bowl.
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, and de-veined
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 4-ounce can green chilies
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Texas Pete
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together all ingredients except shrimp, in a bowl.
- Add shrimp to a wide bowl so they can be spread out. They don’t need to be in a single layer.
- Pour the marinade all over shrimp and give it a good tossing to coat shrimp. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Transfer marinated shrimp to a serving dish or ice bowl and serve.