Savory & Sweet Broccoli Salad
ThisSavory & Sweet Broccoli Saladis terrific for summer entertaining or potluck parties. The sweet-savory-crunchy combo has something for everyone! This is one of our tried and truesummer side dish recipesand the fresh vegetables will help round out any meal. This is made without mayonnaise so it’s great for outdoor parties. You can make this salad ahead of time so it’s ready when you are.
Side Dish for Entertaining
Make this one of your go-to summer side salads for potluck parties.
You guys, I know there are tons of posts of broccoli salad recipes out there. I actually have three in my curated recipe box, and this is one of them. The card notes that I got the recipe from “Stephanie.” I’ve had it for so long I don’t even remember who Stephanie is at this point! LOL I know it’s good though, and a little bit different from some of the others I’ve seen and made.
This broccoli salad is another good dish for sharing at spring and summer potlucks or dinner parties, because it’s made with a vinaigrette dressing instead of a mayonnaise-based dressing. It has a balance of sweet and salty flavors, and a delicious crunchy texture.
Can broccoli salad be made ahead of time?
Yes, you definitely need to make this ahead and let the flavors meld together. But don’t add the crunchy noodles until ready to serve or they’ll turn to mush!
Make this the night before, if you’re serving it for a luncheon. Make it in the morning if you’re serving it for a late afternoon or evening cookout or meal.
What to eat with broccoli salad
Serve this side dish with thebest juicy burgers recipeor alongside thisbbq brushed plank grilled salmonfor a great casual meal. Or add it to yourhot dog roastparty for family gatherings.
How to make Broccoli Salad
- This savory & sweet broccoli salad is made easier by combining fresh ingredients with prepared dressing
- 我不总是让sc敷料ratch. It’s just so easy to use prepared dressings from the store. However, if you want to make your own for this salad you can make abasic oil and vinegar dressingand add the sugar called for in the recipe instructions.
- The marinating in the refrigerator gives the broccoli a chance to soften slightly, as well as helps plump up the raisins. The addition of the tomatoes is unexpected but gives that nice acidity and the savory component.
- My favorite part of this broccoli salad is the salty and crunchy elements provided by the seeds and the chow mein noodles. Such a great combo for flavor and texture!
Savory & Sweet Broccoli Salad recipe
This broccoli salad has sweet and savory components for a twist on the classic recipe. Crunchy toppings give it added texture and a touch of salt. You will love the combination!
- 6 cups fresh broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Crunchy Chinese chow mein noodles
- sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing + 1 Tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl add broccoli, green onion, tomatoes, and raisins. Whisk together the dressing & sugar and pour over salad; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night.
- When ready to serve, add crunchy noodles and sunflower seeds and give it a quick mix.
A prepared Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing is also great on this salad!
Looks and sounds delicious!!!
First of all it looks amazing! Bet it taste too. Great recipe!
Comments are closed.